The Foundation is currently supporting a pilot work experience programme being delivered by Workplus Apprenticeships Ltd in conjunction with Wallace High School, Lisburn for 180 Year 12 Pupils.
Workplus has become a network of employers (over 50 from a range of industries) that want to change how people find entry level work. Usually focused on apprentices, they now want to broaden their focus to include schools, with a desire to support Year 12 pupils with a similar approach to work-based learning, working together to find meaningful work-based experiences.
Workplus hopes to
- increase the transversal skills of young people (Year 12);
- widen access to meaningful work experiences;
- create work-based learning opportunities online via a new application;
- support the provision of reflective reviews of opportunities with pupils and employers; and
- to develop a scalable framework which can be used beyond the pilot phase in 2023 / 2024.
Watch the video below to find out more.
The pilot is due to be complete by March 2023.